Why your local Village Hall could be perfect for your wedding…..
Most towns, cities and villages will have their own Hall, whether it is the local Village Hall, Community Hall or Town Hall.
The benefits of a Village Hall are:
– They are a blank canvas giving you the opportunity to decorate the hall exactly how you want to with bunting, pompoms, swaging, up-lighting, draping, fairy lights, balloons….the list is endless
– Usually have some great outdoor space – great for photo’s, outdoor games, reception drinks, hog roast, BBQ, ice cream van and fresh air.
– They give you the flexibility to use your own caterers and the chance to set up or hire a bar for drinks.
– They may have cutlery, tables and chairs available, but if not to you taste then you could hire chair covers and sashes (click the COVERS & SASHES tab above for my hire details and sash gallery) to brighten up the room or hire in your own tables and rustic wooden chairs. Linen, such as table clothes and napkins, would also need to be considered and most likely need to be hired.
– Often close to a Church with parking facilities so you could get married in the local church and have everyone stroll across to the Village Hall?
– Some halls may have a licence for Civil Ceremonies so you could get married and have your wedding breakfast and evening reception all under one roof.
– That the hall is all yours, however you will need to remember that the wedding venue will need to be set up and cleared away. Some halls will offer you a weekend package giving you the opportunity to set up the day before and clear up the day after the wedding. You may feel you need to book a wedding coordinator to assist with the set up, clear away and perhaps even coordinate the day too (click the PACKAGES tab above for more information about my wedding day set up and coordination packages)
Village halls can have a lot of history, memories and be beautiful inside and out. Take a look around some of your local halls to see if they may be the venue for your big day?
I can help with the hire of chair covers and sashes and the wedding day set up and coordination. Take a look at the rest of my website for more details.
Love Beth x
Your Wedding Day PA